Capcom decided to brush off the software box and make some large and subtle changes to Super Street Fighter 4 on yesterday.
Look at this complete changelog between Super Street Fighter 4 AE 2012 Edition and Ultra. It’s massive and covers everything from core gameplay to the subtle changes between each character.
For me, my main is Ken and I’m going to pick my secondary in either Akuma or Gouken. Below are the changes for these 3. See the Changelog link above for the full listings.
– Movement speed slightly increased.
– Close standing medium kick has had its downward hitbox increased, and is now easier to hit crouching opponents with.
– Crouching medium kick recovery has been reduced from 16 frames to 13 frames. Hitstun changed to +2 frames from -1 frame. Blockstun changed to -1 frame from -4 frames.
– Crouching heavy kick startup changed to 7 frames from 8 frames. Recovery changed to 19 frames from 21 frames.
– Lightning Kick (Forward + Heavy Kick) changed to ±0 frames on block, from -1 frame.
– Light, Medium and Heavy Fireball damage increased to 70 from 60.
– EX Fireball damage increased to 50+50, from 50+40.
– Medium Shoryuken now launches on the first hit.
– Heavy Shoryuken can no longer be FADC’d on second hit if the opponent blocks it, damage increased from 70*40*30 to 70*50*30
– Light, Medium and Heavy Shoryuken are all now -5 frames on block when FADC’d into a forward dash.
– Heavy Hurricane Kick now has 6 frames startup instead of 7 frames.
– Light, Medium and Heavy Airborne Hurricane Kick trajectory changed when done while jump is heading upwards.
– EX Airborne Hurricane Kick trajectory changed.
– Shinryuken (Ultra 1) non-animation damage increased by 60.
– Guren Senpukyaku (Ultra 2) has slightly better range when activated.
– Close standing medium kick now forces enemy to stand on hit. It now has 4 frames startup instead of 5. It now has a larger hitbox downwards.
– Crouching heavy kick can no longer be canceled into Raging Demon.
– Light, Medium, Heavy and EX Back Jump Hadouken now each have 2 frames more recovery.
– During Hyakkishu (Demon Flip) you can now use EX Hadouken, similar to how EX Hyakkishu has been since previous versions. – Medium Gosoryuken can no longer be Focus canceled on second hit during block.
– Heavy Goshoryuken can no longer be Focus canceled on second or third hit during block. Now has 5 frames of invincibility instead of 6.
– Light, Medium, Heavy Goshoryuken -> FADC -> Forward dash is now -5 frames.
– Far standing light kick is now special, super, focus and red focus cancelable.
– Crouching light punch now has 3 frame startup instead of 4 frames.
– Crouching medium punch is now +3 frames on hit instead of +1.
– Back throw can now be properly teched (this apparently fixes the late teching thing you had to do with Gouken’s throw to properly tech it)
– Kongoshin (Counter) is no longer activated by the back+forward+back motion.
– Hyakki Gosai now does 160 stun instead of 200.
– Light Senku Goshoha (Running Palm) now has a slightly bigger forward hitbox.
– EX Tatsumaki Gorasen (Hurricane Kick) now has 5 frames startup instead of 7. It is now invincible during frames 1-6 instead of 1-8. Hitbox has been increased downwards and forwards.
As you can see, there are a lot of changes! Check the full log!
Here are the scores as they come.